Sunday, March 1, 2009

It's Competition Time!!!


Well Competition season has officially started! We had our first competition on Friday and Saturday and let me tell you I lost sleep over the anticipation of it. This year was the biggest Dance competition that Thanksgiving point has ever had. It was 3 days long with over 35 different dance studios. I was pretty scared to go because I knew we were going to be dancing against some of Utahs most recognized dance studios. The reason I was scared is because I knew the dance teams that we would be competing against take dance anywhere from 4 to 17 hours a week and My teams only dance from 1 to 3 hours a week. Friday Night we had 13 solos, duets, and trios compete. We left the night with 10 1st place queens and 3 2nd places! I thought wow that is awesome! On Saturday we went to compete teams. I took 127 dancers to the competition. We competed 24 team dances. I was very happy to take home 13 1st place ribbons and 11 2nd place ribbons.
The highlights of the day is when they announced the overall winners! They give the top 4 scores in each level throughout the whole day a Trophy and The top 3 Overall best studios a Trophy. In The novice level there were 63 teams and in Beginning there were 70 Teams. To my surprise my little 6 yr olds won Overall high points in the Novice level and then my 7&8yr old team won Overall High points in the Beginning Level. My sister Candice's team also won one of the Overall High points in the Beginning level. I was so thrilled! Then.....We also Won overall best studio in both the Novice and Beginning levels!!
I am still on cloud nine and I can't wait for our next competition at the end of the month!

Thank you to everyone who came to support us and a special thanks to all my dance instructors for teaching these girls so well!
Also, Thanks to my sis Candice because I could not do this without you!! And My sweet husband for supporting me in doing what I love!!! I love all of my dancers so much you are the best!
That my friends is my speech!

7 comments:

Candice said...

No thank you...I couldn't do it without you!!!!Love you, Great job again!

Bryan and Moriya Olsen said...

Congrats, Misty! Wish we lived closer so my girls could take dance from you or at your studio atleast.
Moriya

Nuismer said...

good job

Brenda said...

Congratulations! That's awesome.

The Wootton Clan said...

I have loved watching ALLIE this year. She has been so much more into dance than ever before. Looking forward to the next competition. Thanks for all you do :) You're AWESOME!

Kaysie Adams said...

Hey Misty! Congrats! I am so glad that your dance studio is doing so well. I know it has always been your dream. I wish I lived closer so that Ashlyn could take lessons from you. I had always hoped for that. Sigh. Oh well. Anyways, I'm way excited for you.

Tom and Misti Sherwood said...

Congratulations! You are a talent! I won't ever miss an awards ceremony again!