Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weekend of Really High's and Really Low!




This weekend I have been so overly Happy and I have been really sad as well!


It all began on Friday. Friday we had a solo Competitions at Spanish fork High school. My studio took 18 solos, duets, and Trios. All of My dancers took 1st or 2nd place and 1 3rd! Two of my dancers(one being my niece) won Overall high point in Mini, and Junior divisions. This is the highest score out of the whole competition. The Overall High Point Queen wins a 3ft. Trophy, a 6ft Trophy a Tiara, and a sash, so we were way excited!
The Next Day we had our Teams competition. All of my dancers danced their hearts out. I was so proud of them! We ended up with mostly 1st and 2nd places. We also took home Mini Overall Grand champs, Junior 2nd place overall Champs, and Teen 2nd Place overall Champs, and Mini overall High Point award.(Winning a 6 fot Trophy!). Very Fun! My sister Candice took her Drill Team from Rockwell to the competition as well. They couldnt compete with the UHSAA because it was their first year. They took all 1st places and Teen Overall Grand Champions! It was exciting for both of us to be doing so well(not to mention my teams are hers as well and I couldnt do it without her!) What a Day!
Sunday My husband tells me that a member of the Bishopbric was coming to meet with me. Come to find out I have been Released from Young Womens :( I was very saddened by this news and this was the low of my weekend. I am going to miss this calling and the girls Terribly.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

You are amazing Misty. Good job on all of the trophies! I know what you mean about being released from YW, I think that is the hardest calling to get released from cause you put so much energy, time, and heart into it and get way attached to the girls.

Hooper Neffs said...

I must not be as righteous as you. I was more than happy to be realeased from Young Women. After about 10 years in the program and 10 years teaching high school simultaneously, can you blame me?

So, what's the new calling?

Tom and Misti Sherwood said...

Good job on the competition! I'm excited for more!