Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sulk Moment!

I can't help but feel a little sad tonight. Here are a few reasons:
1. I have never had a candidate lose a major election that I have voted for! This was my 3rd time voting for president and my first loss. I was one day shy of being of age to vote in 1996. For any one who knows me I HATE to lose and I am really taking it personal for some reason.
2. I am really having a hard time knowing that I will soon be 30. Yikes! (No offense to anyone older) I have been thinking about it and if I do by chance have any more kids. I will be older than my parents were sitting at my graduation. (I am 3rd to youngest in a family of 8 girls and 1 boy ).I still think I am 22 sometimes, maybe because I only have 2 very young children or because I work with young people all the time. I get really scared to think of what I am going to look like when I get gray and wrinkly.
3. I got Graydins beautiful blonde flowy hair cut. I really loved his hair. I thought it was so cute sticking up all over the place and it was just so soft. But, I know I only thought those things because he is my little guy and it just fit his personality. I am sure nobody else thought it was as cute as I did.
Well at least I do have many other things to be happy about: Great husband and kids, great family, great friends, awesome job a house to live in and food to eat, and hopefully many more years to come! We are lucky to live where we do and be who we are! Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. Have a great day!

3 comments:

Danny Boy said...

I know 30 is a hard bump in the road, but 40 is harder. If you think you are gray and wrinkled at 30, wait until you are 40. Mid-life crisis hits at 40 and it is because at 30 you still have time to make something of yourself. At 40 you have to start thinking about retirement and if you don't have a career yet, well...you don't have much time to get one. So all I can say is enjoy 30 and just make yourself think you are turning 22 again! When you turn 40 you will wish you were turning 30.

The Wootton Clan said...

Mist...I know how you feel! I'm approaching that day myself SCARY!!!I can't believe how time flies by and how our lives change in the blink of an eye. Jason always says "you'll only be young once, but you can be immature forever!" luv ya

Tom and Misti Sherwood said...

I think turning 35 was worse!