Sunday, September 7, 2008

Dance is back in session!



After a short, full of adventure, and fun summer, Dance is back in session! We just had our first week of fall session and it went awesome! We have a lot of new wonderful students along with our many faithful students that have been with us for years! It is so exciting to start working with the kids after not seeing them for a few month and be reminded of how talented these young kids are! This year is going to be a crazy year for competition season for we now have 12 competition teams from the ages of 5-17. It is crazy how hard you work for a few competitions and then you have to start all over again for the next year. It is so worth it when you see the smiles on the girls faces when they have a great performance. It is also so awesome to see all of their will and determination to be the best out there! Last year we had an amazing season with 15 overall team placement and 2 overall high points. It will be hard to beat this year, but the girls have already told me this will be the best year yet!
I also started a free Adult class with a group of friends in my area. Let me tell you I was impressed! I had no idea these ladies could move it like that! They were awesome it is a weekly class on saturday at 8 am if anyone else wants to come! It was so much fun but, I must say I can hardly move I am so sore. I hope everybody else feels the same!
I never imagined in a million years that my love and passion for dance would bring me to the point I am at now. I have so blesses to have so many wonderful friends from the studio that help me and are so much fun. Of course I couldnt do it without my wonderful teachers and the support of my family too!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Whoo hooo! We are so happy too. Stars will win big this year. Let's just plan on overall every time. We sure appreciate all you so for us.

The Wootton Clan said...

You're awesome Misty...thanks for all you do for these cute girls. Allie can't wait for this afternoon to start dance again.Good Luck!!!

Tom and Misti Sherwood said...

I don't know how you do it!?!? You're awesome! Morgan is excited for dance and tumbling this year.

kamikae said...

How fun, I realy should come to your Saturday dance class. O-wait, I am the most uncordinated person ever!! I wish I had even a portion of your talent and grace. Jada is loving dance so far. It will be a fun year.